Texas Truck Accident Lawyer Pursues Compensation for Victims
Experienced Fort Worth attorney seeks legal relief from liable parties
Many injury-causing motor vehicle accidents on Texas roadways involve such large commercial vehicles as 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers and buses. Driving these trucks for a living is a challenging job, and the risk these massive vehicles create means drivers — and the companies they work for — must be held to higher standards for safety. Truck accidents are unfortunately common in the DFW Metroplex and throughout the rest of Texas. The truck traffic that clogs I-20, I-35W, I-35E, I-45 and other highways presents a serious risk when someone acts carelessly, and the Law Offices of J. Kent McAfee, P.C. in Fort Worth is here to help the victims.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injury in a bus or truck accident, it is important to consult a dedicated lawyer. At our , our phone lines are answered 24 hours a day and we respond quickly to all calls. Whatever the specific circumstances of your truck accident claim, our mission is to obtain justice and recover fair compensation for you.
Strong, compassionate advocate assists catastrophic injury plaintiffs
The sheer size and weight of a truck or bus increases the severity of injuries and other damage that results from a crash. Practicing for more than 30 years, Mr. McAfee aims to provide effective representation for families who have lost a loved one and are pursuing a wrongful death action and for people whose lives are dramatically changed by a catastrophic injury resulting from a tractor-trailer collision.
Kent McAfee is an experienced Fort Worth truck accident lawyer who will investigate the circumstances thoroughly to uncover evidence of negligence, such as:
- Driver fatigue from too many hours on the road, use of alcohol or illegal substances, excessive use of medications to stay awake, or violations of other laws and regulations
- Speeding or other types of reckless driving, which can sometimes be proven through witness testimony or “black box” information
- Overloading or carrying unsafe loads
- Inadequate truck or bus maintenance
- Failure to train commercial drivers properly or the lack of adequate background checks
We review the relevant evidence, which may include the latest digital documentation from a GPS, electronic logbooks or cell phone records, to build your case after an accident involving an 18-wheeler or other commercial vehicle.
Dedicated firm handles all types of commercial vehicle collision cases
The tremendous impact that a truck makes when it hits another vehicle often results in a chaotic accident scene. Our firm has the background and resources to investigate collision claims to determine what actually occurred in a full range of truck accidents, such as:
- Jackknifes — Sudden stops, equipment failures and other factors could cause the displacement of a tractor-trailer, resulting in what is commonly known as a jackknife. If you’ve been harmed in this type of accident, we’ll investigate how it occurred.
- Rollovers — Truck rollovers might be the result of poor design, improper loads or negligent operation. These dangerous events can affect multiple cars within the vehicle’s vicinity. Our firm strives to hold all liable parties accountable.
- Underrides — A crash in which part of a smaller vehicle ends up under the carriage of a truck or trailer can cause devastating harm to drivers and passengers. If you’ve been a victim of one of these collisions, we’ll vigorously pursue an appropriate legal remedy.
- Lost loads — Our firm represents clients who have been injured when a failure to correctly secure cargo or a violation of weight standards triggers the release of a commercial vehicle’s load onto a roadway.
Having litigated personal injury and wrongful death cases for more than 30 years, we know how to build the strongest possible argument for trials, mediations and settlement negotiations, even in litigation addressing long-term harm resulting from brain injuries or spinal damage.
Fort Worth injury lawyer cuts through complexities to focus on your recovery
Insurance coverage issues and disputes are often complex in a truck or bus accident because of the multiple parties involved. The driver may have been an independent contractor or a leased employee or may have owned the rig or leased it from another company. Kent McAfee of the Law Offices of J. Kent McAfee, P.C. knows how to sort out the liability issues and hold the proper parties accountable. Call us at 817-332-7676 or now for a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer to discuss your potential case and your legal options.