An Assertive Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyer Serving Injury Victims in Fort Worth, TX and Surrounding Areas
Leveraging years of experience to protect your rights after a crash
Auto accidents are fairly common, but when they’re serious enough to cause significant injuries to you or a loved one, you may need to take action against the parties responsible. At the Law Offices of J. Kent McAfee, P.C., we are committed to assisting auto accident injury victims throughout Fort Worth and the surrounding communities, delivering assertive representation and sound legal guidance as we work to seek the compensation you need and deserve. We are dedicated to solving your most difficult legal challenges, so reach out to us today if you could use the help of a skilled and experienced personal injury attorney after a car accident.
Common types of car accidents in Texas
There are often many different factors leading to car accidents in the Lone Star State, including distracted driving, texting, equipment failures, operating while intoxicated, poor road conditions, inclement weather and aggressive driving. The following are some of the most common types of these auto accidents:
- Single-vehicle: Many car wrecks happen when a motorist loses control of a vehicle, sending it into a ditch, building or median. This could be the result of drunk driving or a parts failure, such as a blown tire.
- Hit and run: Whenever a collision occurs, all parties involved must stop and remain at the accident scene until the police arrive and file a report. Failure to do so is a criminal offense, and those found guilty could face both civil and criminal penalties for their negligence.
- Rollovers: Although vehicles with a high center of gravity may be more prone to rollovers, these crashes are often the result of reckless driving — such as making quick turns at high rates of speed.
- Drunk driving crashes: Driving while intoxicated is incredibly dangerous and threatens everyone on the roads and highways of Texas. If a driver has been charged with a crime, it could bolster a potential personal injury or wrongful death civil claim resulting from a drunk driving accident.
- Driving while distracted (DWD): Driving while distracted, such as when using a mobile phone to talk , texting, or checking email, can result in a rear-end collision, has become a nationwide epidemic and clearly, one of the most dangerous activities facing drivers nationally today. Texas is one of less that 6 states which has failed to pass any law prohibiting this practice, but it remains important in our case preparation to know and present this vital information concerning liability to the adverse driver’s attorney and/or insurance carrier. We have found that it can have an impact in most cases
- Fatal accidents: In 2013, there were more than 5,700 fatalities in Texas car crashes. If a loved one has died in a car crash, it may be up to your family to pursue compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
No matter the type of car accident you or your loved one has been involved in, we have the skill to get you the compensation you need.
Protect yourself after an auto accident
Immediately after a Texas auto accident, whether you were a driver, passenger or pedestrian, it’s important to contact a skilled personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. We represent injured parties throughout the state, and we understand how our state’s negligence laws apply to your case. For example, all motorists have the responsibility to pay attention to the road when operating an automobile, and a failure to do so constitutes a breach of that duty. The Law Offices of J. Kent McAfee, P.C. also helps you determine who or what was at fault in your accident and the proper amount of damages you should seek from the responsible parties and their insurance companies.
Speak with a dedicated Fort Worth auto accident attorney
After a serious car wreck causing injury to you or a loved one, meet with an experienced accident lawyer at the Law Offices of J. Kent McAfee, P.C. right away. From our office in Fort Worth, we serve clients throughout the DFW Metroplex and Texas. We are happy to meet with you after hours or visit you at your home or hospital room if it’s more convenient for you. For a free initial consultation, call 817-332-7678 or contact us online today.