Effective Fort Worth Bus Accident Lawyer Delivers High-Quality Counsel
Conscientious law firm assists Texans who have been hurt using public transportation
When you use a Trinity Metro bus or other type of bus service in the Fort Worth area, you expect to arrive to your destination safely. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case, which is why, since 1984, the Law Offices of J. Kent McAfee, P.C. has assertively advocated for Texans injured in bus accidents. You can trust our law firm to stand up for your right to financial recovery if you were seriously injured in an accident caused by another party’s negligence while riding on a metro, charter, airport, tour or school bus.
How do bus accidents happen?
There are various reasons for bus accidents, such as:
- A distracted driver who takes their eyes off the road or their hands off the wheel
- Fatigued bus drivers who do not get enough rest between driving shifts Drunk driving
- or operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs
- Inadequate training of bus drivers by the transit service or bus company
- Improper maintenance of buses
- Defective design or manufacturing of buses and bus parts
- Other drivers who cause chain reaction car accidents
No matter how your bus accident happened, if the driver or another party caused it through their carelessness, we will work diligently to pursue a fair legal remedy for you.
How is liability determined in a bus accident?
To determine liability, our experienced attorney will examine all the unique details of the bus accident in which you were injured. Here are types of things we may investigate depending upon the circumstances of the accident:
- What the driver was doing when the accident happened
- Whether the driver had been in other bus accidents
- Whether the bus company has a record of accidents
- Whether there were other vehicles involved and what they were doing when the accident happened
- Whether poor bus maintenance or defective parts could have contributed to the crash
- Whether hazardous road conditions may have been a factor
Depending upon all the circumstances, a bus driver, transportation company, mechanic, bus or parts manufacturer or public agency may be found to be liable. In some cases, more than one person or entity may be to blame.
Catastrophic injuries can occur in bus accidents
Buses do not have safety features such as air bags, and many do not have seat belts. On some city and public transport buses, standing passengers hold onto poles or overhead straps. If an accident happens, passengers can be thrown around and slammed onto bus surfaces. This blunt force trauma might result in head injuries, broken bones and other types of catastrophic injuries. If you were seriously injured in a bus accident, we want to learn how we can help you. Once we understand all the facts of your case, our firm will seek compensation to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages.
Contact a seasoned Texas attorney in Fort Worth when you need legal help following a bus accident
For nearly 40 years, the Law Offices of J. Kent McAfee, P.C. in Fort Worth has sought justice for Texas victims of bus accidents and other traffic crashes. To schedule a free consultation, call our firm at 817-332-7676 or contact us online.